The following services are registered with the Care Quality Commission:
- • Burrow Down Community Support
- • Burrow Down Residential Home
To View Care Quality Commission Reports Click Here
What we do
We're here to help you achieve your goals. We work out a plan with you that is specific to your needs. It will give you the support, information and advice for the things you want to do which are important to you. Your plan is as individual as the person you are.
Who do we help? Anyone - young people, adults and senior citizens - who has a need and who live in our region: South Devon & Torbay.
What do we offer? Help so you can lead the life that you want. Everyone is different so we have different kinds of services for people with learning disabilities.
- Supported Living: Support to live in your own home.
- Domiciliary Care: Personal care in your own home or with your family.
- Outreach: Support to help you access and participate in community life.
- Respite: A short break or holiday away from home.
- Day Opportunities: Activities that promote creativity, learning and personal development.
- Residential Care & Support: The security and reliability of 24 hour staff, companionship and familiarity of residential life.
To empower our customers to live the life they want by shaping their own futures and the services they receive.
We believe everything we do and provide should be based on 3 simple core values and that these values should be evident in all areas of the organisation and in how it behaves:
|People are at the
Centre of everything
to improve the quality
of people's lives
to achieve better
outcomes with people
Enabling and Transforming
Enabling citizenship - everyone has a right to belong to the community, to be accepted on equal terms, to live their life as they wish. In return, everyone should have the opportunity to contribute to their community.
Transforming people's lives - people will only grow and develop if they can experience the same opportunities as others. Keeping people apart, because they appear different, will only make them feel apart from society.
Minimal support - we encourage people to make their own decisions and choices - with assistive technology and support as necessary - just like the rest of society. Individual control and choice is at the heart of what we do.
People we work with - gain independence, freedom, self-esteem, a sense of self worth and control over their lives.
We have a simple belief: treat a person as they are and they will remain as they are; treat a person as they could be and they will become as they should be.
How we help
Here are the main ways in which we can help you. It's by no means everything we do. If you can't see what you want, just give us a call or drop us an email and ask.
- Daily personal support
- Employment 'buddy' programmes
- Occupational support
- Relationship advice and support
- Behavioural therapy
- Independent living
- Supported living
- Respite short-break's and holidays
- Day opportunities
- Residential care
- Bespoke housing
- Problem solving
- Support to make changes
- Information and resources on practical stuff, jobs, money, housing and form filling
A team approach
We work as a team. You tell us your hopes, dreams and ambitions. We help you succeed - whether that's helping you with your personal care, find a job, move into your own place, learn a new skill, make new friends, or sort out the things that are bothering you.